Add Your Snapshot to a Global Album of Earth’s Biodiversity

Google+ Hangout: Global Snapshot of the World’s Plants, Animals

For 125 years, National Geographic has continued to share its never-ending curiosity about the world and all that is in it.

Now we’re handing over the role of photographer and explorer to you.

The Great Nature Project invites people of every age and from every continent to add to a growing album of plant and animal photos. See it, snap it and upload it with the hashtag #GreatNature to any photo sharing site like Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, or National Geographic Your Shot. By using the hashtag #animal you’ll also help us win a Guinness World Records® title for the largest online animal photo album.

We’re celebrating The Great Nature Project and biodiversity all over the world by bringing together four explorers to share stories about their unique experiences with nature- everything from swimming with giant Manta rays to having a life-long friendship with a 800-pound grizzly bear.

Be part of the conversation and join our LIVE Hangout on Air with NG photographer Joel Sartore, “Queen of the Manta rays” Andrea Marshall, tiger conservationist Krithi Karanth and naturalist and champion for bears Casey Anderson.

Send in your questions and they may be asked on air. You may even be invited to appear on-screen and ask your question live. Submit your questions by…

• Uploading a video question to YouTube with #LetsExplore
  • Posting a question on Google+ or Twitter with #LetsExplore or
  • Commenting directly on this blog post

Follow National Geographic on Google+ or return to this blog post to watch the Google+ Hangout Tuesday, September 24th at 1 p.m. EST (5 p.m. UTC).

Other Hangouts From National Geographic:

Hangout With Buzz Aldrin and Conrad Anker
Hangout With Explorers on All Seven Continents

GNP_Facebook_Participant_Use

Comments

1. Ryan Kummins
    Curaçao
    September 24, 2013, 1:03 pm

Where do we post pics?!

2. Raj Chauhan
    Jaipur 302017 India
    September 24, 2013, 7:00 am

Nice work of NG S, I work on wildlife filming on Birds and animals including insects etc I cover many birds life style , recent I work on cuckoos , Common hawk, Pied crested, and Asian Koel , its Breeding Behavior , hosted by babblers and Crow, eggs to feeding and fly to on world I want to sell it this shooting on HDV and DV format
    Raj Chauhan

3. Robert K. Seasn
    Phrae. Northern. Thailand
    September 22, 2013, 9:36 am

Thanks for Natinal Geographic, I think NG can help my students for studying about all nanture of the. World. They try to protect themself and save our earth.

4. Connie Koehler
    September 20, 2013, 11:02 am

Dear National Geographic,

Your Great Nature Project sounds interesting and exciting, and I would like very much to join you live on September 24, at 1:00 PM, but unfortunately I am working during this time. Though I am working, am I correct to assume that I may still submit a photo for your project at anytime? Will I be able to view the video after the 24th of September?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Connie Koehler

• Lauren Ward
      September 22, 2013, 11:17 pm

Hi Connie, Yes- you can contribute your photos at anytime. You’ll also be able to view the achieved Google+ Hangout right here on this blog after it takes place on Sept 24th. Thanks for your interest! :)

5. Godfrey Kayesi.
    Nairobi -Kenya.
    September 19, 2013, 3:50 pm

National Geographic is Very Educative. Keep it Up.

6. Angela Soare
    Romania
    September 18, 2013, 2:59 pm

I would love to get my students involved in this project. Thank you National Geographic.

7. Ryan Kummins
    Curacao
    September 17, 2013, 8:22 pm

This is super! My family is excited about helping me out with this; my daughters will learn so much! Do underwater pics count?!

8. Vasco Carvalho
    Portugal
    September 16, 2013, 4:54 pm

I love it

9. Katherine Kay
    Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines
    September 14, 2013, 9:54 am

Hi. I am also taking part in Project Noah, a project which is also supported by NatGeo. Would putting a hash tag on our photos in Project Noah have the same effect and would it be able to contribute to your project? =)

10. Katherine Kay
    Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines
    September 14, 2013, 9:46 am

Hi. I was wondering if there are any specific animals NatGeo would really like to have shots of? Perhaps we could try to gather more of those if we can =)

11. Arvind Kumar Agarwal
    India.
    September 14, 2013, 5:36 am

I, like NG.

12. Arvind Kumar Agarwal
    India.
    September 14, 2013, 5:35 am

Respected Sir,
    I’m reading NG. from 1972, a relative of me sent NG. to India From U.S.,Some old issues are in my collection. Also I’m watching NG, tv.
    With Best Regards From India.– Arvind Kumar Agarwal.
    09/14/2013

13. Haithem Othmen
    Tunisia -Bennene city
    September 11, 2013, 4:34 pm

I like National Geographic and I would like to thank it for its great work.

14. darwin
    honduras
    September 11, 2013, 4:23 pm

El trabajo lo mejor q se poede hacer