I’ve been on an icebreaker for almost two months now, traveling through the Ross Sea, Antarctica… To share the incredible experience of an almost infinite variety of scenes, I’ve compiled a time-lapse montage shot over the last two months, condensed into less than five minutes, with a surprise at the end. Enjoy!
- For Delicious, Healthy, and Sustainable Seafood, Think Inside the Can Barton Seaver
- Tribes Take the Helm in West Coast Ocean Planning Guest Blogger
- Fishermen Work to Reduce Albatross Deaths Guest Blogger
- 3 Questions to Save the Ocean Ayana Elizabeth
- What Do You Want Your Ocean to Look Like? Ayana Elizabeth
NG’s Ocean Initiative
Ocean Views is part of National Geographic Society’s ocean initiative, which supports efforts around the world to restore the health and productivity of the ocean, with a particular focus on marine reserves, healthy fisheries, and raising awareness to the importance of a healthy ocean.
About This Blog
Ocean Views brings new and experienced voices together to discuss the threats facing our ocean and to celebrate successes. We strive to raise awareness worldwide to the benefits of restoring fisheries and creating marine reserves.
This blog is hosted by Dr. Enric Sala, Explorer-in-Residence with National Geographic.
For tips or inquiries email bhoward at ngs.org.
Ocean Views Blogroll
Help Save the Colorado River
You can help restore freshwater ecosystems by pledging to cut your water footprint. For every pledge, Change the Course will restore 1,000 gallons back to the Colorado River.