Greetings from Terra Nova Bay, in the Ross Sea, Antarctica! I’ve put together this one-minute time lapse to share what it’s like to do science in the ice! Video narrated by Stanford Professor Rob Dunbar aboard the NSF icebreaker Nathaniel B. Palmer.
- Caribbean Nations Must Think Bigger and Act Boldly and Soon to Sustain Ocean Resources Ayana Elizabeth
- Sylvia Earle’s 19th “Hope Spot” Named in Bering Sea Canyons Guest Blogger
- Edible QR Codes Make Sustainable Sushi Fun and Convenient Brian Clark Howard
- The Fish We Need to Feed 9 Billion People Guest Blogger
- A Day in the Lush Mobile Delta Guest Blogger
NG’s Ocean Initiative
Ocean Views is part of National Geographic Society’s ocean initiative, which supports efforts around the world to restore the health and productivity of the ocean, with a particular focus on marine reserves, healthy fisheries, and raising awareness to the importance of a healthy ocean.
About This Blog
Ocean Views brings new and experienced voices together to discuss the threats facing our ocean and to celebrate successes. We strive to raise awareness worldwide to the benefits of restoring fisheries and creating marine reserves.
This blog is hosted by Dr. Enric Sala, Explorer-in-Residence with National Geographic.
For tips or inquiries email bhoward at ngs.org.