Greetings from Terra Nova Bay, in the Ross Sea, Antarctica! I’ve put together this one-minute time lapse to share what it’s like to do science in the ice! Video narrated by Stanford Professor Rob Dunbar aboard the NSF icebreaker Nathaniel B. Palmer.
- Country’s First New Species of Fish Discovered Brian Clark Howard
- New Interest in Seafloor Mining Revives Calls for Conservation Guest Blogger
- Protecting Fisheries on a Budget: Low-tech Solutions in Barbuda Ayana Elizabeth
- SeaOrbiter: Help Build This Space Station of the Sea SeaOrbiter
- For Delicious, Healthy, and Sustainable Seafood, Think Inside the Can Barton Seaver
NG’s Ocean Initiative
Ocean Views is part of National Geographic Society’s ocean initiative, which supports efforts around the world to restore the health and productivity of the ocean, with a particular focus on marine reserves, healthy fisheries, and raising awareness to the importance of a healthy ocean.
About This Blog
Ocean Views brings new and experienced voices together to discuss the threats facing our ocean and to celebrate successes. We strive to raise awareness worldwide to the benefits of restoring fisheries and creating marine reserves.
This blog is hosted by Dr. Enric Sala, Explorer-in-Residence with National Geographic.
For tips or inquiries email bhoward at ngs.org.
Ocean Views Blogroll
Help Save the Colorado River
You can help restore freshwater ecosystems by pledging to cut your water footprint. For every pledge, Change the Course will restore 1,000 gallons back to the Colorado River.